- AADHAAR Card linking to Saving Account
Thane Bharat Sahakari Bank is empanelled with UIDAI to receive Central & State Government Scheme Benefit and credit directly to Aadhaar Card Linked Saving Account of Customer.
The new payment service is offered by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) using the ‘Aadhaar’ number, issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is known as ‘Aadhaar Payment Bridge System’ and referred to as “APBS”. APBS is launched in India to bring Indian urban, semi-urban and rural population into the main-stream and help banks to serve customers across geography.
APBS, which enables Sponsor Banks/Government Department to transfer money to bank accounts of the beneficiaries, is a centralized electronic benefit transfer system to undertake direct mandates from respective sponsor or accredited bank attached to various government departments for the purpose of disbursing entitlements using Aadhaar numbers.
Objectives of Aadhaar Payment Bridge System (APBS):
- Credit disbursements based on UID number.
- Credit transactions for Government/ Government agency disbursements..
- To serve the goal of Government of India (GOI) and Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for Financial Inclusion by way of processing government disbursement using Aadhaar number.
- To promote electronification of retail payments.
- To support various Schemes like NREGA, Social Security Pension, Handicapped Old Age Pension etc. of any Central or State Government bodies, to send financial details to the beneficiary using Aadhaar number.
AADHAAR Card Link to Saving A/c:
In order to start such services, requirement of the Aadhaar Card Number of the Customer is mandatory. Customer should submit zerox copy of Aadhaar Card with‘Aadhaar Form’ provided by Bank. Aadhaar Form is made available at following link as well as at home Branch.